The Mi Trip Travel App allows you to create a detailed itinerary and link information items and expenses to each event within that itinerary. It can accumulate your expenses into Expense Accounts and convert the amounts back to your home currency.
Mi Trip will work on both Smartphones and Tablets.
There are two versions of this app
Mi Trip - Paid app - complete functionality, no ads.
Mi Trip LITE - Free app - reduced functionality, ads, upgradable to 'Mi Trip'
- see the 'Mi Trip LITE' page for
- more information on 'Mi Trip LITE'
- upgrading from 'Mi Trip LITE' to 'Mi Trip'
- Create and update your itinerary.
- Works on Android phones and tablets.
- Updates do not need Internet connection - straight to phone.
- Select from 10 different pre-defined events (eg. CheckIn, Flight, Meet).
- Headings appear in your itinerary whenever the Date or Place changes.
- Attach information items to any event.
- Click an event to see a list of it's information items.
- Create Expense items - allocate them to user defined Expense Accounts.
- Expenses convert to your home currency.
- Lists, summarises and totals expenses by Expense Account.
- Use the Import/Export functions to do updates on your computer.
Itinerary (list of events) Item list (for an event)
A lot of the data is available in drop-down selections (spinners), so entry is mostly 'select and click'.
Events are the entries that make up your itinerary. There are 10 pre-defined events to select from.
Here are the events together with the information each displays on the itinerary
- ALARM - triggers the alarm clock in your phone at the given date and time
- FLIGHT - shows your flight number and destination
- CHECK IN - shows the name of your accomodation
- CHECK OUT
- TRAVEL - shows a mode of travel and your destination
- ARRIVE - shows the time and place of your arrival
- PICK UP CAR - shows the car rental agency
- DROP OFF CAR - shows the car rental agency
- MEET - shows the person/group and meeting place
- DO - shows an activity
With the ALARM event it is possible to set all your alarm clock events while planning or detailing your trip. No need to worry about setting alarms while on your holiday or business trip.
Items are the pieces of information attached to each event. There are many pre-defined item types but you can also create any number of user-defined Items as required. Once a new Item has been defined it will then be listed with the pre-defined ones in the Item drop-down selection (spinner) making it easy to 'select and click' in future.
Item features :
- Select from pre-defined item types (eg. Check In, Parking, Address)
- Create your own information item types
- User-defined item types added to the pre-defined list for subsequent selections
- Store scanned or downloaded JPEGs as information items - click to view
- Store your booking receipts, passport pages, maps, whatever, as JPEGs.
- Store downloaded videos (eg. MP4) as information items - click to view
- Store Google Map locations as information items - click to view
- Store Web Pages as information items - click to view
- Items in the 'Expenses' item group can be summarised and totalled
- Money Items will be shown in currency of origin and your home currency
When you create an Item in the 'Expense' item group an Expense Account entry field will be displayed. The default expense account is shown ('#All Expenses#') but you can create your own user-defined expense accounts by entering it in the 'Expense Account' field. Once saved, the new Expense Account will show in the Expense Account drop-down list (spinner).
Expenses features :
- All expenses (for the trip) detailed on the 'Expenses' screen - click the '$' icon
- Summary of expense totals for each Expense Account
- Overall expense total available on the summary screen
- All money amounts converted to your home currency
Click below for an introduction video for Mi Trip. This gives you the basic concepts and terminology.
Click below to download Mi Trip or Mi Trip LITE from the Google Marketplace (Google Play).
- Watch the 'Mi Trip Introduction' video - gives you a basic understanding of the Itinerary, Events and Items.
- Have a 'play' with the App to orient yourself.
- Go to the 'Screens' page of this website and go through the detailed explanations provided (for each screen you are interested in).
- Go through all the screen explanations on the 'Screens' page, to get an overall idea of the capabilities of the App.
- If you really like this App then we would appreciate you giving us a good rating on Google Play (use the 'Rate Trip' icon at the top of the Itinerary screen).
Click on the links below to see each screen with a detailed explanation.
- Trip itinerary - a list of all 'Events' in the Trip.
- Item list - a list of 'Items' relating to one 'Event'.
- FIL_Link - link to a JPEG or similar file, display pictures, scanned receipts, bookings, etc.
- MAP_Link - link to a screen showing Google Maps for a set location.
- VID_Link - link to a Video which could have been taken by the phone, uploaded from YouTube, etc.
- WEB_Link - link to a WebSite.
- Event Maintenance - ADD or UPDATE an Event in the Trip itinerary.
- Item Maintenance - ADD or UPDATE and Item in an Event.
- Trips List - see all Trips, change to another Trip, ADD Trips, DELETE Trips, alter Trip settings, etc.
- Trip Settings - update the Trip name, Date/Time format, Currency conversions, etc.
- Expenses - get a list of all Trip expenses and a summary by Expense Accounts.
Import / Export :
Click here - to go to the webpage containing all the Mi Trip documentation.